2.8
Turnaround Time

I have bought from Parts Train for several years now, and usually it's painless and almost always a good deal (prices). But sometimes there's a hiccup in the process, like this last time...

and there's no one to talk to about it. I ordered 2 parts that were 'in stock' and expected them to ship in time to get here for an appointment a week later. Problem is, Christmas was in between. They say they'll ship parts within 2 business days.

I ordered on a Thursday, so I hoped it would ship Friday, but because Christmas was on a Monday, I thought I better call on Friday to have the parts sent directly to the garage that was doing the work the following Thursday. Just to be sure they got there in time. It was the day after I ordered them, not even 24 hours later, and the phone rep (in the Phillipines) said the order was already processed and there was no way to change the ship-to address. But I figured, since it was already processed, surely I would have the parts in time for Thursday's work.

Now it's the following Wednesday, and I have no parts, so I do online tracking - 1 part says it's 'ready to ship' but somehow will be here today, and the other part is in-transit and will be here Friday. This sounds fishy, so I call to speak to a live person... again I get the Phillipines, and they tell me that for some reason the stuff didn't ship til Tues and Wed (2 parts, 2 different packages- 3 and 4 days processing time, respectively), and that both should be here by Friday. But both had been processed since either Friday morning or maybe even last Thursday evening, but had not been shipped til Tuesday or Wednesday.

Since a Friday arrival is too late for my appointment, I ask if there's someone I can speak to about the issue - someone in the USA. I was told there's no one stateside who does customer service, it's all in the Phillipines. The rep said they have a headquarters in Carson California and warehouses in Illinois and Virginia, but there's no one a customer can speak to if there's a problem. I also remember a couple years ago ordering a part that had to be returned.

It turned into a bit of a fiasco, and was quite some time before I was refunded. Of course it's going to be difficult when a phone call gets an answer from the other side of the world who's never been to any of their warehouses or HQ, and has english as a second language. So if you give yourself plenty of lead time, and don't need to ask any questions, Parts Train is ok and a lower priced option than other sites.

But if there's any issue with your order, get ready for some head-scratching. I guess sometimes there's a different kind of price to pay for the low price we want to pay for parts.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Price, Ease of use.

I didn't like: Cs being offshore, Slow processing, Inability to change shipping address.

Comments